September 2023 - NHS booking opens for life-saving Covid vaccinations
Millions of eligible people in England can book their life-saving autumn Covid vaccine online from today (18 September) as the NHS steps up its winter vaccination programmes early in response to the risk of the new Covid variant.
Anyone eligible can book their Covid vaccinations via the NHS website, by downloading the NHS App, or by calling 119 for free if they can’t get online.
Who is eligible?
- Residents in care homes for older adults
- All adults aged 65 years and over
- People aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group, you can check if you are in an eligible clinical risk group by clicking here – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-the-green-book-chapter-14a
- Frontline health and social care workers
- People aged 12 to 64 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
- People aged 16 to 64 years who are carers, and staff working in care homes for older adults
Who qualifies for the flu vaccine on the NHS?
- People who are over 65 and over (including those who will be 65 by 31 March 2024)
- People who have certain health conditions
- Pregnant people
- Those in long-stay residential care
- Those who receive a carer’s allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- People who live with someone who is more likely to get a severe infection due to a weakened immune system, such as someone living with HIV, someone who has had a transplant, or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis